Mac OS X Snow Leopard
Upgrade from Mac OS X Leopard with Snow Leopard, a simpler, more powerful, and more refined version of Mac OS X. It delivers a wide range of enhancements, next-generation technologies, out-of-the-box support for Microsoft Exchange Server, and new accessibility features. It’s the world’s most advanced operating system, finely tuned from installation to shutdown.
Better, faster, easier
Snow Leopard enhances your entire Mac experience. In ways big and small, it gets faster, more reliable, and easier to use.
* Activate Exposé right from the Dock.
* Wake from sleep and shut down your Mac faster than before.
* Install it more quickly and get back 7GB of disk space.
* Enjoy dozens more refinements for everything from iChat to Preview and more.
New core technologies in Snow Leopard unleash the power of today’s advanced hardware and prepare Mac OS X for future innovation.
* 64-bit support, the next big step for the Mac. All key system applications are now 64-bit so they can take advantage of all the memory in your Mac.
* Grand Central Dispatch, a revolutionary new way for software to get the most from multicore processors.
* OpenCL, a new technology that unleashes the power of graphics processors to accelerate application performance.
As the next generation of media players, it’s built on new core technologies and advances modern media and Internet standards.
* Watch your videos in a clean, uncluttered interface with the new QuickTime Player.
* Record audio or video using the built-in iSight camera and microphone in your Mac.
* Trim your media to the perfect length.
* Easily publish your media to MobileMe or YouTube.
support for Microsoft Exchange
Mac OS X Snow Leopard delivers built-in support for the latest version of Microsoft Exchange Server, something even Windows PCs don’t have.
* Use your Mac at home and at work and have all your messages, meetings, and contacts in one place.
* Easily set it up using the Autodiscovery feature in Exchange.
* Use Mail, iCal, and Address Book to access your work email, calendars, and the Global Address List alongside your personal accounts.
* Take advantage of powerful Mac OS X features such as Spotlight, Quick Look, data detectors, and more.
* Use Top Sites to view your favorite websites at a glance, see which ones have been updated, and visit them in a click.
* Complete search queries as you type with built-in Google Suggest.
* Flip through full-page previews of your browsing history in Cover Flow the same way you flip through album art in iTunes.
Every Mac comes with built-in technologies designed to help people with disabilities experience it. Innovations in Snow Leopard advance accessibility even further.
* Control your Mac using gestures on your Multi-Touch trackpad. And when you drag your finger across the trackpad, VoiceOver speaks the items you touch so you know how they’re arranged on the screen.
* Snow Leopard includes support for over 40 braille display models, including Bluetooth models.
* New accessibility features make web browsing easier, faster, and more enjoyable.
What’s in the Box
* Installation DVD
* Printed and electronic documentation
* Mac computer with an Intel processor
* 1GB of memory
* 5GB of available disk space
* DVD drive for installation
* Some features require a compatible Internet service provider; fees may apply.
* Some features require Apple’s MobileMe (http://www.apple.com/mobileme) service; fees and terms apply.
Mac OS X v10.6.3 Snow Leopard is available in English, Japanese, French, German, Spanish, Italian, Dutch, Swedish, Danish, Norwegian, Finnish, Traditional Chinese, Simplified Chinese, Korean, Brazilian Portuguese, Portuguese (Portugal), Russian, and Polish.
About the Family Pack
The Family Pack Software License Agreement allows you to install and use one copy of the Apple software on up to a maximum of five (5) Apple-labeled computers at a time as long as those computers are located in the same household and used by persons who occupy that household. By ‘household’ we mean a person or persons who share the same housing unit such as a home, apartment, mobile home, or condominium, including students who are primary residents of that household but reside at a separate on-campus location. This license does not extend to business or commercial users.